Also known as
The typical education required for this career in Minnesota is:
People in this occupation tend to earn between $32.66 to $45.62 per hour
Cost of Living
A typical family with two adults - working a combined 60 hours per week - with one child at home needs to earn $18.20 per hour per worker to meet their basic needs.
Daily Work Activities
- Maintain medical facility records.
- Administer non-intravenous medications.
- Monitor patient conditions during treatments, procedures, or activities.
- Record patient medical histories.
- Inform medical professionals regarding patient conditions and care.
Some employers may require an occupational certification to work in this career.
- Vascular Access Certification Corporation - Vascular Access-Board Certified - Core
- American Association of Neuroscience Nurses - American Board of Neuroscience Nursing - Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse - Specialty
- ANA Enterprise - Nursing Professional Development - Specialty
- Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission - Certified Nephrology Nurse - Specialty
- Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nursing Certification Board - Certified Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurse - Specialty
- Competency and Credentialing Institute - CNOR Certification - Specialty
- Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. - Infection Control Certification - Specialty
- Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing - Certified Transport Registered Nurse - Specialty
- ANA Enterprise - Nursing Case Management - Specialty
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses - Progressive Care Nursing (Adult) - Specialty
- Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission - Certified Dialysis Nurse - Specialty
- ANA Enterprise - Pediatric Nursing - Specialty
- ANA Enterprise - Family Nurse Practitioner - Specialty
- Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association - Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse - Specialty
- ANA Enterprise - Gerontological Nursing - Specialty
- Lamaze International - Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator - Core
- National Assistant at Surgery Certification - Registered Nurse Assistant at Surgery - Certified - Core
- National Assistant at Surgery Certification - Certified Registered Nurse First Assistant - Core
- National Assistant at Surgery Certification - Assistant at Surgery - Certified - Core
- National Commission on Correctional Health Care - Certified Correctional Health Professional - Core