Food Service Managers
Also known as
The typical education required for this career in Minnesota is:
High school diploma or equivalent
People in this occupation tend to earn between $22.28 to $34.12 per hour
Cost of Living
A typical family with two adults - working a combined 60 hours per week - with one child at home needs to earn $18.20 per hour per worker to meet their basic needs.
Daily Work Activities
- Monitor activities of individuals to ensure safety or compliance with rules.
- Maintain regulatory or compliance documentation.
- Resolve customer complaints or problems.
- Manage inventories of products or organizational resources.
- Maintain operational records.
The state of Minnesota may require a license to work in this career.
- Minnesota Gambling Control Board - Gambling Manager's License
Some employers may require an occupational certification to work in this career.
- National Environmental Health Association - Certified Professional - Food Safety - Core
- International Food Service Executives Association - Certified Food Manager - Core
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation - ManageFirst Professional - Core
- American Hotel and Lodging Association Educational Institute - Certified Hospitality Trainer - Core
- National Association of Service Managers - Certified Service Manager - Core
- American Culinary Federation, Inc. - Certified Executive Chef - Advanced
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation - ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification - Advanced
- American Hotel and Lodging Association Educational Institute - Certified Food and Beverage Executive - Advanced
- National Environmental Health Association - Certified in Comprehensive Food Safety - Advanced
- Association of Nutrition and Food Service Professionals - Certified Food Protection Professional - Advanced
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation - Foodservice Management Professional - Advanced
- North American Association of Food Equipment Manufacturers - Certified Foodservice Professional - Advanced
- National Automatic Merchandising Association - NAMA Certified Executive - Advanced