Computer Systems Analysts
Also known as
The typical education required for this career in Minnesota is:
People in this occupation tend to earn between $35.56 to $56.33 per hour
Cost of Living
A typical family with two adults - working a combined 60 hours per week - with one child at home needs to earn $18.20 per hour per worker to meet their basic needs.
Daily Work Activities
- Monitor computer system performance to ensure proper operation.
- Coordinate software or hardware installation.
- Test software performance.
- Troubleshoot issues with computer applications or systems.
- Modify software programs to improve performance.
Some employers may require an occupational certification to work in this career.
- Amazon.com Web Services - AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate - Product/Equipment
- Red Hat, Inc. - Red Hat Certified Engineer - Product/Equipment
- Amazon.com Web Services - AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate - Product/Equipment
- Institute for the Certification of Computing Professionals - Certified Cyber Security Professional - Associate/Practitioner - Core
- Institute for the Certification of Computing Professionals - Certified Cyber Security Professional - Foundation - Core
- Cloud Credential Council - Cloud Technology Associate Certification - Core
- ETA International - Certified Network Systems Technician - Core
- American Health Information Management Association - Certified Healthcare Technology Specialist - Implementation Support Specialist - Core
- Wireshark - Wireshark Certified Network Analyst - Core
- Institute for the Certification of Computing Professionals - Information System Analyst - Core
- ETA International - Network Systems Technician - Core
- Cisco Systems, Inc. - CCT Data Center - Core
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) - CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI Certification - Core
- Cisco Systems, Inc. - CCT Routing & Switching Certification - Core
- Adobe Systems Incorporated - Adobe Target Analyst - Core
- Adobe Systems Incorporated - Adobe Campaign Classic Developer - Advanced
- CertNexus - CyberSec First Responder - Advanced
- Department of Defense - All-Source Analysis - Level 2 - Advanced
- Department of Defense - Intelligence Planner Certification Program - Advanced
- Cloud Credential Council - Professional Cloud Security Manager Certification - Advanced