Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
Also known as
The typical education required for this career in Minnesota is:
Less than high school
People in this occupation tend to earn between $12.73 to $18.90 per hour
Cost of Living
A typical family with two adults - working a combined 60 hours per week - with one child at home needs to earn $18.20 per hour per worker to meet their basic needs.
Daily Work Activities
- Remove snow.
- Drive trucks or other vehicles to or at work sites.
- Clean facilities or sites.
- Monitor building premises to ensure occupant or visitor safety.
- Clean building walls or flooring.
Some employers may require an occupational certification to work in this career.
- American Hotel and Lodging Association Educational Institute - Certified Maintenance Employee - Core
- American Hospital Association - Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional - Advanced
- Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification - Master Fire & Smoke Restorer - Specialty