Customer Service Representatives
Also known as
The typical education required for this career in Minnesota is:
High school diploma or equivalent
People in this occupation tend to earn between $15.71 to $24.03 per hour
Cost of Living
A typical family with two adults - working a combined 60 hours per week - with one child at home needs to earn $18.20 per hour per worker to meet their basic needs.
Daily Work Activities
- Discuss goods or services information with customers or patrons.
- Respond to customer problems or complaints.
- Maintain financial or account records.
- Refer customers to appropriate personnel.
- Collect deposits, payments or fees.
Some employers may require an occupational certification to work in this career.
- HDI - HDI Support Center Analyst - Core
- HDI - HDI Certified Customer Service Representative - Core
- ETA International - Certified Service Manager - Core
- ETA International - Certified Customer Service Specialist - Core
- National Retail Federation Foundation - Professional Certification in Customer Service and Sales - Core
- International Society of Certified Electronics Technicians - Customer Service Representative Certification - Core
- The Institutes - Accredited Customer Service Representative - Core
- National Automatic Merchandising Association - Route Driver Certification - Core
- American Public Power Association - Public Power Customer Service Manager - Core
- HDI - HDI Support Center Director - Advanced
- HDI - KCS Foundation - Advanced
- HDI - HDI Support Center Manager - Advanced
- HDI - KCS Principles - Advanced
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence - Automobile Technician: Service Consultant - Advanced
- HDI - HDI Desktop Support Manager - Advanced
- SAP America, Inc. - SAP Certified Product Support Specialist - SAP Commerce - Product/Equipment
- BMC Software, Inc. - Certified Professional BMC FootPrints Service Core 12.x - Product/Equipment
- BMC Software, Inc. - Certified Associate BMC Digital Workplace Catalog 3.x - Product/Equipment
- Oracle Corporation - Oracle Service Center 2020 Implementation Essentials - Product/Equipment