Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
Also known as
The typical education required for this career in Minnesota is:
High school diploma or equivalent
People in this occupation tend to earn between $17.48 to $26.97 per hour
Cost of Living
A typical family with two adults - working a combined 60 hours per week - with one child at home needs to earn $18.20 per hour per worker to meet their basic needs.
Daily Work Activities
- Inspect mechanical equipment to locate damage, defects, or wear.
- Test mechanical equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Disassemble equipment for maintenance or repair.
- Operate cranes, hoists, or other moving or lifting equipment.
- Read technical information needed to perform maintenance or repairs.
Some employers may require an occupational certification to work in this career.
- Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals - Certified Maintenance and Reliability Technician - Core
- National Apartment Association - Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician - Core
- Building Operators Certification - Certified Building Operator - Core
- American Hotel and Lodging Association Educational Institute - Certified Maintenance Employee - Core