First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
Also known as
The typical education required for this career in Minnesota is:
High school diploma or equivalent
People in this occupation tend to earn between $26.00 to $38.48 per hour
Cost of Living
A typical family with two adults - working a combined 60 hours per week - with one child at home needs to earn $18.20 per hour per worker to meet their basic needs.
Daily Work Activities
- Direct operational or production activities.
- Exchange information with colleagues.
- Plan production or operational procedures or sequences.
- Inspect production equipment.
- Monitor equipment operation to ensure proper functioning.
Some employers may require an occupational certification to work in this career.
- American Welding Society - Certified Welding Inspector - Core
- American Welding Society - Certified Associate Welding Inspector - Core
- IPC - Association Connecting Electronics Industries - IPC J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electrical & Electronic Assemblies - Core
- National Institute for Metalworking Skills - Machining Level I - CNC Milling: Programming Setup & Operations - Core
- American Welding Society - Senior Certified Welding Inspector - Advanced
- Association for Facilities Engineering - Certified Plant Supervisor - Advanced
- American Concrete Institute International - Concrete Construction Special Inspector - Advanced
- IPC - Association Connecting Electronics Industries - IPC-7721& IPC-7711 Rework, Repair, & Modification of Printed Boards & Electronic Assemblies - Advanced
- American Hotel and Lodging Association Educational Institute - Certified Hospitality Facilities Executive - Advanced
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers International - Municipal Waste Facility Operator - Advanced
- Association for Facilities Engineering - Certified Plant Maintenance Manager - Advanced