Training is free to those who meet the eligibility requirements.
1) At least 17 years of age and
2) Not enrolled in Kindergarten-12 instruction, and
3) Not required to be enrolled in K-12 instruction under state statute, and
4) Who qualifies under one or more of the following conditions:
- Are unable to speak, read, or write the English language
- Do not have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent, and have not achieved an equivalent level of education;
- Lack of sufficient mastery of basic education skills to enable the individual to function effectively in society
Students will take an assessment to determine if their academic level is appropriate for the course.