Also known as
The typical education required for this career in Minnesota is:
Less than high school
People in this occupation tend to earn between $11.34 to $16.02 per hour
Cost of Living
A typical family with two adults - working a combined 60 hours per week - with one child at home needs to earn $18.20 per hour per worker to meet their basic needs.
Daily Work Activities
- Gather customer or product information to determine customer needs.
- Greet customers, patrons, or visitors.
- Recommend products or services to customers.
- Maintain records of sales or other business transactions.
- Calculate costs of goods or services.
The state of Minnesota may require a license to work in this career.
Some employers may require an occupational certification to work in this career.
- American Gem Society - Certified Sales Associate - Core
- American Lighting Association - Certified Lighting Manufacturers Representative - Core
- National Association of College Stores - Certified Collegiate Retailer - Core
- National Retail Federation Foundation - Retail Industry Fundamentals - Core
- American Lighting Association - ALA Certified Lighting Consultant - Advanced
- National Independent Automobile Dealers Association - Certified Master Dealer - Advanced
- American Lighting Association - ALA Lighting Specialist - Specialty