Health care employs nearly 400,000 people in Minnesota and there is projected long-term demand for health care workers. Currently, there is extremely high demand for many types of health care workers – from entry level to highly specialized. Make a difference in the lives of others.
Anoka County Job Training Center is accepting applications for Certified Nursing Assistant training, including Basic Life Support. This is great way to begin your healthcare career with a starting average wage of $18.11/hour. Don’t delay! Classes start August 22-September 30
Location: Blaine Human Service Center 1201 89th Ave NE, Blaine, MN 55434 and Prime Time Medical Training LLC 1342 81st Ave NE, Spring Lake Park 55432
Dates: August 22-September 30 --times vary week to week- hybrid learning with class times between the hours of 7am-3:30pm
To learn more please go to anokacounty.us/jtcapply. Anyone is welcome to apply that is at least 18 years of age, meets eligibility criteria – including program assessments- and meets one or more of the following criteria:
- at or below 200% of poverty,
- struggling with lack of stable housing,
- been unemployed for 26 or more weeks in the past 52 weeks,
- identifies as a person of color,
- lacks a high school diploma,
- has a disability and can do the work of a CNA with or without accommodations
- has limited English or math proficiency, approximately reading at 5th grade level
- or has a criminal record that is not disqualifying to work as a Certified Nursing Assistant
- Medical Terminology preparation course
- Certified Nursing Assistant Licensure
- Basic Life Support Certificate.
- Vocational Counseling support services to help you succeed in the training and extensive support to find a good job.
No Cost to Eligible Participants who are at least 18 years of age and meet other eligibility criteria
Who to Contact for More Information
Certified Nursing Assistant and Basic Life Support
Similar Training Programs
Telecom Installation & Support Training
Office Support Specialist Training Program
The Office Support Specialist Training Program includes the following: technical and skills training in Microsoft Office 2019, customer service, effective communication, job seeking skills, building business relationships, creating cover letters and re