Health care employs nearly 400,000 people in Minnesota and there is projected long-term demand for health care workers. Currently, there is extremely high demand for many types of health care workers – from entry level to highly specialized. Make a difference in the lives of others.
Do you want to drive for a living and be home every night? Anoka County Job Training Center is accepting applications for CDL Class B Behind the Wheel Training. We are offering 1:1 Behind the Wheel training to prepare you for your driving career with starting wages of $23.12/hour.
Location: Class A Leasing/Minnesota Truck and Trailer 8899 Hastings St NE, Blaine 55434
Dates: Starting June 6th, individual scheduling available M-F between the hours of 8am-4pm.
To learn more please go to https://www.anokacounty.us/jtcapply . Our training is open to anyone that meets one or more of the following criteria and completes program assessments:
- Is at least 18 years of age
- at or below 200% of poverty,
- struggling with lack of stable housing,
- been unemployed for 26 or more weeks in the past 52 weeks,
- identifies as a person of color,
- lacks a high school diploma,
- has a disability and can do the work of a CDL Class B Driver with or without accommodations
- has limited English or math proficiency, while meeting our criteria for success as noted below- approximately reading/math at a 6th grade level
- or has a criminal record that is not disqualifying to work as a CDL Class B Driver
1. CDL Class B Driver License
2. Vocational Counseling support services to help you succeed in the training and extensive support to help you find a good job.
No Cost to Eligible Participants who are at least 18 years of age, and meet other eligibility criteria.