Return to Manufacturing Month main page
Events for people considering a career in manufacturing:
- October 2021 - various days and times throughout Minnesota: tour manufacturing facilities - in person See a regularly updated listing of manufacturing facility tours around Minnesota
- October 5 - 2:30pm-3:30pm: Explore Careers: Welding Manufacturing - virtual Every Tuesday during October, Explore Careers will will focus on job growth trends, skills and transferable skills, educational opportunities, apprenticeships, and career pathways within the manufacturing industry. You will get networking tips and job search keywords to help you find manufacturing job postings. With October 5's focus on welding, hear from Harmony Enterprises (Harmony), Park Industries (St. Cloud), Polar Tank Trailer (Holdingford), and Wastequip (Rosemount), and a welding training representative at Dakota County Technical College about entering the industry and what they look for in a resume. View Recording.
- October 6 - 10:30am -12:30pm: Manufacturing Virtual Hiring Event - virtual Meet Twin Cities metro area manufacturers hiring now and learn about employment opportunities they have that could be a good fit for you. Hosted by the Anoka County Job Training Center.
- October 12 - 2-5pm - Metro Region Manufacturing Career Fair - virtual Meet 30+ Twin Cities metro area manufacturers hiring now and learn about employment opportunities they have that could be a good fit for you.
- October 12 - 2:30pm-3:30pm: Explore Careers: Career Pathways Find out why manufacturing has something for everyone’s unique combination of skills and interests and how to get the training needed. Representatives from 3M, Daikin Applied, Marvin, and Minnesota State's Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence, talk about what it takes to work in manufacturing and what they look for in a resume. View Recording
- October 12 - 4-7pm: Elk River Area Cool Jobs Tour - in person This evening of career exploration is intended for community members, middle and high school students and their parents or guardians. Tour up to three state of the art manufacturers in the Elk River area and complete your evening with a light dinner and information on careers, training, wages and opportunities.
- October 13 - noon-5 pm: Job Fair - in person at Ridgewater College Gymnasium at 101 15TH Ave. NW, Willmar Bring your resume and dress for success. Meet the area’s top human resource directors, business owners, manufacturers and employment services. Masks required on campus. please call 320-231-1600 by October 6 if you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in this event.
- October 19 - 2:30pm-3:30: Explore Manufacturing Careers: Sciences Our focus is the intersection of science and manufacturing. Hear Spectralytics (St. Cloud), Entegris (Chaska/Bloomington), Resonetics (Hutchinson), and Collins Aerospace (Burnsville) about their opportunities and what they look for in a resume. View Recording
- October 21 - 10am-12pm: Monticello Area Manufacturing Career Fair - in person Leading CareerForce partner Central Minnesota Jobs & Training Services, Inc. is hosting a career fair featuring area manufacturing employers with open positions. Find out more by contacting Tim Zipoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 26 - 2:30pm-3:30pm: Explore Careers: Consumer Products Manufacturing - virtual In this Explore Careers, we will highlight working in companies which manufacture consumer products. Coldspring USA (Coldspring, MN), General Mills (West Metro), Hansen & Company Woodworks (St. Cloud) and others will show the ways how there is something for everyone’s unique combination of skills and interests. After you register, you will receive information via email from email@example.com on how to connect to this virtual event. View Recording
- October 28 - 1:30pm-3:30pm: Statewide Manufacturing Online Career Fair - virtual All Minnesotans interested in a career in manufacturing are invited to attend this event which features manufacturing employment opportunities throughout the state. You can find out more and see a list of participating employers here. If you have questions about the statewide Manufacturing Online Career Fair, contact Liz Jennings at Liz.Jennings@state.mn.us.
Events for manufacturing employers, educators and workforce development experts
- October 6 - 11am-12pm: Workforce Wednesday- virtual event Join DEED's Workforce Strategy Consultants for a discussion focused on reaching underutilized talent pools to fill manufacturing positions, getting the word out about employment opportunities in the field and what working in the sector is really like today. Currently, the manufacturing workforce in Minnesota is 70% male and 83% white. Those demographic statistics don't match the make up of Minnesota's labor force - and that means manufacturers can do more to reach potential workers. This virtual meeting will focus on highlighting proven strategies to build talent pipelines; hearing and sharing best practices; and networking with other Minnesota employers about diversifying your workforce. View Recording
- October 7 - 9am-10:30am: Youth Skills Training/ Minnesota Dual-Training Pipeline/ Registered Apprenticeship in Manufacturing 101 - virtual event Join the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry (DLI) to learn the basics of building an apprenticeship program and employment-based training; share tips and advice about how to set up a dual-training initiative at your company; and develop resources from the Pipeline team to support on-the-job training and partnerships with education.
- October 13 - 10am-11am: DEED Employee Training Resources for Manufacturing Employers - virtual event Find out about grants and other resources available though the Minnesota Jobs Skills Partnership (MJSP), the Job Training Incentive Program (JTIP) and the Automation Training Incentive Program (ATIP).
- October 21 7:30am-11am Central Minnesota Manufacturing Association's Career Technical Education (CTE) Jamboree - in person This is intended for school board members, superintendents, principals, counselors, CTE Teachers, manufacturers, and community leaders to hear about the thriving CTE initiatives in our part of the state. The format will allow local manufacturers and educators to interact and vision programs to expand on the CTE focus that is taking place in education right now. Tours of Cold Spring, a major local manufacturer, will also be available.