Computer Networking (CompTIA Network+) - IT Career Lab (VIRTUAL)
Students participate in 4.5 weeks of virtual (Zoom-based) classroom instruction and guided lab work, online study, testing, and career transition workshops.
For computer networking studies, students prepare for CompTIA’s Network+. Instruction is provided via classroom-based labs and simulated labs. The reading materials for this class come directly from CompTIA. Practice exams are provided to help prepare students for the testing environment.
The Network+ validates a person’s knowledge and skills to:
- Design and implement functional networks
- Configure, manage and maintain essential network devices
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Support the creation of virtualized networks
During their training, students continue to enhance skills in career transition workshops. These sessions prepare students to compete in theIT labor market by providing them with guidance in resume construction, helping them to sharpen their interviewing skills and providing information regarding networking through social media.
No Locations found. Try increasing search radius.