More than 100 people looking for work came to the CareerForce Immigrant and Refugee Job and Resource Fair yesterday in St. Paul. The fair at CareerForce in St. Paul featured 16 employers who welcome New Americans, have language supports for those who speak languages other than English and are located on public transit lines. Nine community resource organizations also participated. Countries of origin of job seekers who participated in the fair included Afghanistan, Somalia, Ukraine and many others.
The CareerForce Immigrant and Refugee Job and Resource Fair’s success was due to the hard work and collaboration of community partners, including the Minnesota Council of Churches, which provided interpretation services in nearly a dozen languages, plus Ramsey County, City of Minneapolis and the Karen Organization of Minnesota.
Participating employers made connections with many job seekers at the fair – and agreed the fair was a big success.
“Absolutely amazing event. Thank you to all that worked to get this event pulled together! said James Platten, who represented employer M Health Fairview at the fair. “The clients were wonderful, the space was great and the energy was perfect!”
If you are looking for work – or looking for employees – contact a CareerForce location near you. Language interpretation services are available at all CareerForce locations via the Language Line.
Employers who participated at the CareerForce Immigrant and Refugee Job and Resource Fair yesterday:
- ABM Industries
- Chick-fil-A Roseville and Arden Hills
- Cura Hospitality
- Factory Motor Parts
- M Health Fairview / Ebenezer
- FedEx Ground
- Grand Performer, Inc., doing business as Elliot Park Hotel
- Health Systems Cooperative Laundries
- Intek Plastics
- Metropolitan Mosquito Control District
- Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) - Metro District
- The Preserve of Roseville
- Rihm Family Companies
- Saint Paul Public Schools, Family Engagement and Community Partnerships
- Villa Healthcare
Community resource organizations who participated in the fair:
- ChildCare Aware of Minnesota
- Health Access MN / MNsure Certified Navigator
- Hubert H. Humphrey Job Corps Training Center, St. Paul
- International Institute of Minnesota
- IT Career Lab MN - Tech Training
- Minnesota Council of Churches’ Refugee Services
- Ramsey County Workforce Solutions
- Small Sums
- WellShare International
- CareerForce, Veterans Employment Services, Vocational Rehabilitation Services, New Leaf services - Department of Employment and Economic Development