The Office Support Specialist Training Program includes the following: technical and skills training in Microsoft Office 2019, customer service, effective communication, job seeking skills, building business relationships, creating cover letters and resumes, and preparation for an individualized job search for administrative assistant, clerical, office assistant and receptionist positions.
- Income must be 200% of the Federal Poverty Level or lower (please contact us with questions)
- Must provide valid government-issued photo ID and social security card (without restrictions)
- No minimum math/reading level required, but an assessment will be given at the enrollment meeting
- Participants should be committed to looking for full-time employment following the completion of their training program
- This program consists of two courses of in-person learning, for a total of 11 weeks
- Please contact Beth Bidinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-752-8131.
Participants who successfully complete the Office Support Specialist Training Program will receive a Certificate of Completion for each individual course and for the full training program. Participants will also have the opportunity to receive the Benchmark Portal Certification in Customer Service. Graduates will be equipped to look for employment in an office support environment (i.e., administrative assistant, receptionist, data entry, file clerk, etc.).
Learn more about occupations related to this training
Provided the participant meets the income eligibility criteria and they provide acceptable ID documentation, there will be no cost to the participant for the training program or for career counseling.