State, regional and local workforce development professionals, state agencies and others want to help you attract, hire and retain the workforce you need to provide care and support to elders and people with disabilities in Minnesota.
The Follow Your Heart to a Caring Career campaign launched June 2023 with paid advertising focused on specific audiences, complemented by earned media, organic social, GovDelivery emails and other means. You are encouraged to become involved by utilizing materials, hosting events and more.
Here's what you can do right now to engage with this campaign - and get help finding the employees you need!
- Reach out to staff at a CareerForce location near you to share information about your open positions, find out how you could partner on career exploration or hiring events, and more!
- Host hiring, career exploration and other events to raise awareness about your employment opportunities. Consider using these downloadable event flyer templates to help promote your event. Add job fairs and other hiring events to our calendar.
- Post on social about your open positions, share why current employees are glad they followed their heart to caring career and more! Use the hashtag #CaringCareerMN
- View, download and use occupational information handouts for the following positions now - you can customize these handouts by inserting your hiring contact information in the fillable box on side two - these are/will be available in multiple languages:
Organized by topic:
- General flyer
- Direct Support Professional
- Personal Care Aide
- Nursing Assistant
- Employment Support Professional
- Psychiatric or Behavioral Health Technician
- Day Program Professional
- Life Sharing
Organized by language:
- Amharic language content
- Dari language content
- English language content
- Karen language content
- Oromo language content
- Pashto language content
- Somali language content
- Spanish language content
- Ukrainian language content
- Vietnamese language content
Want to make sure your job posting show up on CareerForceMN.com? Post your job openings on the State of Minnesota's official labor exchange.
- Event flyer templates - download templates to promote Caring Career job fairs, career exploration events and more
- Follow Your Heart to a Caring Career social media and other graphics - please use this hashtag #CaringCareerMN if you post related to this campaign so that CareerForceMN, DEED and others can find and share your posts!
- Follow Your Heart to a Caring Career 8.5x11 flyer - for you to print and post, posting locations could include local libraries, community centers, schools or other locations in your area - available in Amharic, Dari, English, Karen, Oromo, Pashto, Somali, Spanish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese, just like all the occupational information handouts
- Follow Your Heart to a Caring Career 11x17 poster - for you to print and post, posting locations could include local libraries, community centers, schools or other locations in your area
- Caring Career Pathways informational handout -for you to print and share with career explorers and job seekers
Recordings of past Caring Career employer information sessions
- View a recording of the September 14, 2023 employer information session
- View a recording of the July 13, 2023 employer information session
- View a recording of the May 11, 2023 employer information session
Have questions or comments about the Follow Your Heart to a Caring Career campaign? Please send them to CareerForce@state.mn.us or call 651-259-7500.