State, regional and local workforce development professionals, state agencies and others want to help you attract, hire and retain the workforce you need to provide care and support to elders and people with disabilities in Minnesota.
The Follow Your Heart to a Caring Career campaign launched June 2023 with paid advertising focused on specific audiences, complemented by earned media, organic social, GovDelivery emails and other means. You are encouraged to become involved by utilizing materials, hosting events and more.
Here's what you can do right now to engage with this campaign - and get help finding the employees you need!
- Reach out to staff at a CareerForce location near you to share information about your open positions, find out how you could partner on career exploration or hiring events, and more!
- Host hiring, career exploration and other events to raise awareness about your employment opportunities. Consider using these downloadable event flyer templates to help promote your event. Add job fairs and other hiring events to our calendar.
- Post on social about your open positions, share why current employees are glad they followed their heart to caring career and more! Use the hashtag #CaringCareerMN
- View, download and use occupational information handouts for the following positions now - you can customize these handouts by inserting your hiring contact information in the fillable box on side two - these are/will be available in multiple languages:
Organized by topic:
- General flyer
- Direct Support Professional
- Personal Care Aide
- Nursing Assistant
- Employment Support Professional
- Psychiatric or Behavioral Health Technician
- Day Program Professional
- Life Sharing
Organized by language:
- Amharic language content
- Dari language content
- English language content
- Karen language content
- Oromo language content
- Pashto language content
- Somali language content
- Spanish language content
- Ukrainian language content
- Vietnamese language content
Want to make sure your job posting show up on CareerForceMN.com? Post your job openings on the State of Minnesota's official labor exchange.
Employers - Make plans to join the Caring Career employer campaign check in on Thursday, September 14, 2-3 p.m.
- Join meeting
- Meeting number (access code): 2501 427 4501
- Meeting password: 8DNmF5kGMU6
- Call in: 1-415-655-0003 United States Toll
Get a report on the first phase of the campaign, hear from fellow employers about their efforts to reach potential employees, review Follow Your Heart to a Caring Career resources to use with job seekers – and more!
Have questions or comments about the Follow Your Heart to a Caring Career campaign? Please send them to CareerForce@state.mn.us or call 651-259-7500.
We'll continue to post more resources for employers.