The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) has partnered with Coursera to provide free career-focused, online learning resources to Minnesotans.
Coursera offers 4,800 courses and training modules from over 200 top businesses and universities, including more than 60 courses from the University of Minnesota. These learning opportunities are aimed at preparing people for in-demand jobs. In fact, more than 2,400 organizations already trust the Coursera platform to train their employees.
Minnesotans interested in using Coursera had to register before December 31, 2020. Those who did register will have access to the platform through March 2021. You must be enrolled in courses by January 31, 2021.
- See the Coursera Skills Training & Career Exploration Initiative FAQ for answers to common questions.
- For more information and answers to common questions, view the Coursera Learner Guide (also available in Spanish).
- If you have additional questions, please email OfficeofEconomicOpportunity@state.mn.us
- If you are interested in other job training or career exploration opportunities, or want to learn more about what training or education pathways are right for you, contact CareerForce staff at a location near you.
- For information about short-term or customized training programs through Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, visit https://minnstate.edu/ws/index.html