The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) has partnered with Coursera to provide free career-focused, online learning resources to Minnesotans.
Coursera offers 3,800 courses and training modules from over 200 top businesses and universities, including more than 60 courses from the University of Minnesota. These learning opportunities are aimed at preparing people for in-demand jobs. In fact, more than 2,400 organizations already trust the Coursera platform to train their employees.
Minnesotans interested in using Coursera must register before December 31, 2020 and will have access to the platform through March 2021. You must be enrolled in courses by February 28, 2021.
- See the Coursera Skills Training & Career Exploration Initiative FAQ for answers to common questions.
- Follow the 5 steps on the Coursera Sign Up Instructions to learn how to sign up for no-cost access to Coursera.
- For more information and answers to common questions, view the Coursera Learner Guide (also available in Spanish).
- If you have additional questions, please email OfficeofEconomicOpportunity@state.mn.us
- If you are interested in other job training or career exploration opportunities, or want to learn more about what training or education pathways are right for you, contact CareerForce staff at a location near you.
- For information about short-term or customized training programs through Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, visit https://minnstate.edu/ws/index.html
Tennessen Warning Notice
The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) is requesting information from you in order to provide you with access to Coursera. You do not have to provide the requested information, but failure to do so will result in DEED’s inability to provide you with access to Coursera. The information you provide to DEED will be shared with Coursera, a DEED contracted service provider, in order for you to gain access to online courses offered by Coursera. DEED will not share your information with any other person or entity without your written consent or as allowed or required by law or court order.
To receive access, please provide your information here: