The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) has partnered with Coursera to provide free career-focused, online learning resources to Minnesotans. As of October 2021, over 3,300 Minnesotans had completed one or more courses on Coursera through this DEED program.
All residents of Minnesota can still take advantage of free access to the five Grow with Google professional certificate programs that delivered through the Coursera online learning platform. This means that ALL MINNESOTANS can utilize this no-cost opportunity to complete Google’s IT Support, Data Analytics, Project Management, UX Design, or IT Automation with Python professional certificate programs. Those that earn any of these professional certificates will also then have the option of joining the Coursera-Google job platform to explore careers across employers who are hiring for remote and in-person positions from the pools of learners that have completed one or more of these certificates.
ALL MINNESOTANS may fill out the Coursera-Grow with Google request form to request no-cost access. Within 1-3 business days after submitting the form you will receive an invitation email to join the “DEED: Grow with Google Professional Certificates” program in Coursera. You’ll need to join this program after you have created a Coursera account (or signed into a personal account you already have on Coursera), and be logged into this “program” while enrolling in courses, in order to access courses and earn certificates for free. Under the current DEED-Coursera program, learners will have access to courses through April 30, 2022.
- Download a flyer about current Coursera offerings for Minnesotans
- For more information and answers to common questions, view the Coursera Learner Guide (also available in Spanish).
- If you need technical support or assistance while using the Coursera platform, please refer to Coursera Learner Help Center.
- If you have additional questions, please email OfficeofEconomicOpportunity@state.mn.us.
- If you are interested in other job training or career exploration opportunities, or want to learn more about what training or education pathways are right for you, contact CareerForce staff at a location near you.
- For information about short-term or customized training programs through Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, visit their website.