Help online or on the phone—at no cost to you
We can help you connect with Minnesota employers hiring right now, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We can help you explore your options, showcase your skills with a solid resume and prepare for the interviewing process through live online workshops, live Job Club Online, recorded workshops and other offerings. Plus meet employers hiring now through Virtual Career Fairs and other virtual hiring events.
We can help you with individual career exploration and job search assistance over the phone, from reviewing your resume to talking through options for a potential change in careers to personalized assistance finding a job right now.
Find contact information for staff at a CareerForce location near you at CareerForceMN.com/locations.
Whether you’re looking for work now or thinking ahead, CareerForce offers many job search resources and services you can access from home.
NEW! Upcoming Live CareerForce Online Workshops
Participation requires internet access and the ability to stream video and audio. Registration is required. Please register NOW or at least 30 minutes BEFORE the event, so the coordinator can send you a link to join on time.
- Job Clubs Online: If you are looking for work, you will want to participate in one of these webinar workshops to help you learn how to be successful in your job search in today's economy, get advice, and develop new strategies. Job Club Online meets twice on Tuesdays. Here are upcoming topics:
- August 11, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM or August 11, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) Internet and Social Media (LinkedIn) – Do you know how to effectively use the Internet and Social Media to assist in your job search? What does networking look like online? This workshop will provide answers to those questions and provide helpful tips on how to leverage a LinkedIn account to enhance your career and even record a prep interview on the site. This is the fourth week in a 6 part series that covers the essentials of the Creative Job Search (CJS) workshop.
- Interview Skills Workshop: August 12, 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM. (Coming soon.) Approach your next interview with increased confidence. Learn how to answer challenging interview questions, gain frameworks to structure your response during the interview, and develop tools and techniques to prepare for and follow up after the interview.
- Resume Writing Workshop: August 6,1:00 PM - 2:30 PM. (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) Craft a resume that will get you noticed. Learn best practices for creating a resume that meets the specific requirements of a position, find out what type of resume may be best for you and identify common mistakes to avoid.
- New Leaf Online: Registration coming soon. Tailored information for people with a criminal record who are looking for work. This webinar workshop will help justice involved individuals with their job search.
NEW! CareerForce Virtual Career Fairs
Participation requires internet access and the ability to stream video and audio. These are Microsoft Teams events. Registration is required. Please register NOW or at least 30 minutes before the event begins, so the coordinator can send you a link to join.
- Virtual Career Fair. Monday, August 10, 10:30 am - 11:30 am. Please register NOW. This online event is an opportunity to meet representatives from the following printing industry businesses, including: Japs-Olson Company, LSC Communications, Nahan, Print Industry Midwest and Thomson Reuters Core Publishing Solutions, to learn more about their companies and job openings. Have your resume ready to email directly to the employers' representatives. Registered participants will receive information on how to connect to the Virtual Career Fair prior to the beginning of the event.
- Virtual Career Fair. Monday, August 17, 10:30 am - 11:30 am. Please register NOW. This online event is an opportunity to meet employers to learn more about their companies and job openings. Have your resume ready to email directly to the employers' representatives. Registered participants will receive information on how to connect to the Virtual Career Fair prior to the beginning of the event. Employers who will participate will be announced soon.
- You can view our previously recorded CareerForce Virtual Career Fairs to hear how companies are recruiting in-demand workers for health care and senior care, broadband/communications, security services, and other businesses, plus learn how CareerForce Virtual Career Fairs work.
CareerForce Recorded Online Workshops and Classes
- Job Clubs Online: Learn about job searching in today's economy, get advice, develop new strategies and more.
- Video Interviewing: How to stand out and be the one they want? (78 minutes)
- Laid off: Now what? (76 minutes)
- Stop getting rejected online! (80 minutes)
- How to get a job using LinkedIn (79 minutes)
- Networking: The first 30 seconds (79 minutes)
- Ageism & job search over 40 (83 minutes)
- CJS Week 1 - June 9 Career Planning and Preparing for the Job Hunt (62 minutes)
- CJS Week 1 - July 21 Career Planning and Preparing for the Job Hunt (62 minutes)
- CJS Week 2 - June 16 Identifying your Skills, Job Applications and Work Portfolios (61 minutes)
- CJS Week 2 - July 28 Identifying your Skills, Job Applications and Work Portfolios (59 minutes)
- CJS Week 3 - Tools of the Job Hunting Trade (Resumes) (62 minutes)
- CJS Week 4 - Internet and Social Media (LinkedIn) (Coming soon.)
- CJS Week 5 - The Job Interview (Coming soon.)
- CJS Week 6 - Facing Unemployment at 50 (59 minutes)
- Resume Writing Workshop Online: This 19-minute video covers the tools you need to develop an effective resume.
- Somali: Dib u Bilow Qoraalka Aqoon Isweydaarsiga: Fiidiyowgaan 29-ka daqiiqo ah wuxuu kaa daboolayaa aaladaha aad ubaahantahay inaad sameysato resume hufan.
- Interview Skills Workshop Online: This 30-minute video takes you through the job interview process – how to prepare, what to expect during it, and what to do afterwards.
- Somali: Aqoon Isweydaarsiga Xirfadaha Wareysiga ee Internet-ka: Muuqaalkan 30-ka daqiiqo fiidiyaha ah wuxuu kaa haqabtirayaa habka wareysiga shaqada - sida loo diyaargaroobo, waxa laga filan karo inta lagu gudojiro, iyo wixii aad sameyn laheyd ka dib.
- Job Search Webinar: This 26 minute video is an overview of job search best practices.:
- LinkedIn for Job Seekers workshop - Learn how to Create a LinkedIn Account, Build your Profile to Attract Employers, Search and Apply for Jobs on LinkedIn and How to Build Your LinkedIn Network.
Other Online Resources
- CareerForce Online Tools: Access interest and skills assessments, listings of jobs currently in demand during COVID-19, a resume-builder and more.
- Coursera: Find out about free career-focused, online learning resources for all Minnesotans.
- Coursera Online Informational Session recorded on July 23, 2020. This workshop was held and recorded for customers to learn about 3,800+ FREE Coursera career-focused, online courses and training modules from over 200 top businesses and universities. It walks through the registration process and provides a sample of classes you can take to enhance your job search and career.
- Northstar Digital Literacy: Access free online assessments and lessons on common computer, software, and technology skills, including Word, PowerPoint, email, internet, social media, and more. Strongly recommended: Career Search Skills under Using Technology in Daily Life.
- Online Job Search-Related Learning Modules: View eLearning classes about job search, networking, resumes and interviewing. (These are not accessible with a screen reader.)
- CareerOneStop: Find a broad range of job search resources on this U.S. Department of Labor website.
For Personal Assistance
- English: Email or call your local CareerForce location team. Find contact information for staff at a CareerForce location near you at www.careerforcemn.com/locations. Our staff can help you connect to job search resources, provide assistance with interviewing and resume writing, and help you navigate various government benefits.
- Spanish: Josie Chavez at/al 320-905-2808 or email email@example.com En español: por correó electrónico firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish: Mark Zappa at/al 651-539-4110 or email email@example.com En español: por correó electrónico firstname.lastname@example.org
- Somali: Ilyas Ali at 651-539-4104 or email email@example.com Haddii aad u baahantahay caawinaad Afsoomaali? fadlan la xiriir Ilyas Ali 651-539-4104 ama kala xiriir Emailka firstname.lastname@example.org
- For help with information specific to people with a criminal record, please contact Glory Mitchell at 218-302-8409 or email email@example.com; Dianna Martin at 651-539-4423 or email Dianna.firstname.lastname@example.org ; Guy Brown at 952-703-3121 or email email@example.com
- If you have trouble connecting with your local CareerForce location, call the CareerForce Help Desk at 651-259-7501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.