Help online or on the phone—at no cost to you
We can help you connect with Minnesota employers hiring right now, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We can help you explore your options, showcase your skills with a solid resume and prepare for the interviewing process through live online workshops, live Job Club Online, recorded workshops and other offerings. Plus meet employers hiring now through Virtual Career Fairs and other virtual hiring events.
We can help you with individual career exploration and job search assistance over the phone, from reviewing your resume to talking through options for a potential change in careers to personalized assistance finding a job right now.
Find contact information for staff at a CareerForce location near you at CareerForceMN.com/locations.
Whether you’re looking for work now or thinking ahead, CareerForce offers many job search resources and services you can access from home.
NEW! Upcoming Live CareerForce Online Workshops
Participation requires internet access and the ability to stream video and audio. These are Webex events. Registration is required. Please register NOW or at least 30 minutes BEFORE the event, so the coordinator can send you a link to join on time.
- Job Clubs Online: If you are looking for work, you will want to participate in one of these webinar workshops to help you learn how to be successful in your job search in today's economy, get advice, and develop new strategies. Here are upcoming topics:
- September 29, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) The Job Interview – You've come to the moment in your job search when your hard work has paid off. You've received an interview. Take a moment to celebrate. Then start preparing. Here we cover all the things you'll want to do to make the best possible impression during your interview. This is the fifth week in a 6-part series that covers the essentials of the Creative Job Search (CJS)
- Interview Skills Workshop: September 30, 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM. (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) Approach your next interview with increased confidence. Learn how to answer challenging interview questions, gain frameworks to structure your response during the interview, and develop tools and techniques to prepare for and follow up after the interview.
- Advanced MS Word – Online: October 1, 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM. (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) MS Word is one of the most commonly asked for software skills in job descriptions. The topics covered in this 1.5 hour course include creating custom tabs, working with tables and performing a mail merge process. There will be time to ask questions, and follow-up material will be provided to increase attendees understanding of these topics.
- Resume Writing Workshop: October 7, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM. (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) Craft a resume that will get you noticed. Learn best practices for creating a resume that meets the specific requirements of a position, find out what type of resume may be best for you and identify common mistakes to avoid.
- New Leaf Online: (Coming Soon.)This workshop provides tailored information for job seekers who have a criminal record and are looking for work. It will help justice involved individuals who are having a difficult time obtaining employment due to their criminal record.
NEW! CareerForce Virtual Career Fairs
Participation requires internet access and the ability to stream video and audio. These are Microsoft Teams events. Registration is required. Please register NOW or at least 30 minutes before the event begins, so the coordinator can send you a link to join.
- Virtual Career Fair. Wednesday, September 30, 10:00 am - 11:00 am. (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) In this special Virtual Career Fair, find out about openings for professionals interested in helping with COVID-19 project support in public health-focused roles throughout the state. Many of these roles can be a fit for people working from home, while some roles will be on-site at MDH offices. Registered participants will receive information on how to connect to the Virtual Career Fair prior to the beginning of the event.
- Virtual Career Fair. Monday, October 5, 10:30 am - 11:30 am. (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) This online event is an opportunity to meet businesses who are hiring, to learn more about their companies and job openings. Have your resume ready to email directly to the employers' representatives. The names of participating employers will be announced soon. Registered participants will receive information on how to connect to the Virtual Career Fair prior to the beginning of the event.
- View all Local Virtual Career Fairs throughout the state.
- You can view our previously recorded CareerForce Virtual Career Fairs to hear how companies are recruiting in-demand workers for health care and senior care, broadband/communications, security services, and other businesses, plus learn how CareerForce Virtual Career Fairs work.
CareerForce Recorded Online Workshops and Classes
- Job Clubs Online: Learn about job searching in today's economy, get advice, develop new strategies and more.
- Video Interviewing: How to stand out and be the one they want? (78 minutes)
- Laid off: Now what? (76 minutes)
- Stop getting rejected online! (80 minutes)
- How to get a job using LinkedIn (79 minutes)
- Networking: The first 30 seconds (79 minutes)
- Ageism & job search over 40 (83 minutes)
- CJS Week 1 - June 9 Career Planning and Preparing for the Job Hunt (62 minutes)
- CJS Week 1 - July 21 Career Planning and Preparing for the Job Hunt (62 minutes)
- CJS Week 1 - September 1 Career Planning and Preparing for the Job Hunt (56 minutes)
- CJS Week 2 - June 16 Identifying your Skills, Job Applications and Work Portfolios (61 minutes)
- CJS Week 2 - July 28 Identifying your Skills, Job Applications and Work Portfolios (59 minutes)
- CJS week 2 - September 8, Identifying your Skills, Job Applications and Work Portfolios (59 minutes)
- CJS Week 3 - June 23 Tools of the Job Hunting Trade (Resumes) (57 minutes)
- CJS Week 3 – August 4 Tools of the Job Hunting Trade (Resumes) (57 minutes)
- CJS Week 4 - August 11 Internet and Social Media (LinkedIn) (59 minutes)
- CJS Week 4 - September 22 Internet and Social Media (LinkedIn) (59 minutes)
- CJS Week 5 - August 18 The Job Interview (59 minutes)
- CJS Week 6 - July 14 Facing Unemployment at 50 (59 minutes)
- CJS Week 6 - August 25 Facing Unemployment at 50 (60 minutes)
- Career Exploration and Planning. (55 minutes) Whether you are looking for your first career, a new or better career, it all starts with career planning. Learn how you can take charge of your career, and use specific online career planning tools to get what you want or need to get out of work.
- Resume Writing Workshop Online. This 19-minute video covers the tools you need to develop an effective resume.
- Introduction to Microsoft Word. This introductory course will teach you methods for creating resumes, cover letters and more that meet employers' expectations.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word. (80 minutes) Learn how to format text, paragraphs and documents, and how to Cut/Copy/Paste document information. This course will also teach you how to effectively work with bullets, columns and headers/footers.
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Excel is one of the most important applications used in business today. This introductory course will teach you the basics of data entry and spreadsheet creation. We will also define the most important terms and concepts you need to know to get started with this program.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel - Online. (90 minutes) Learn how to format cells and create formulas to effectively and consistently get the summary data required to create reports. This course will also teach you how to create visual information through charts and grahphs.
- Somali: Dib u Bilow Qoraalka Aqoon Isweydaarsiga: Fiidiyowgaan 29-ka daqiiqo ah wuxuu kaa daboolayaa aaladaha aad ubaahantahay inaad sameysato resume hufan.
- Interview Skills Workshop Online: This 30-minute video takes you through the job interview process – how to prepare, what to expect during it, and what to do afterwards.
- Somali: Aqoon Isweydaarsiga Xirfadaha Wareysiga ee Internet-ka: Muuqaalkan 30-ka daqiiqo fiidiyaha ah wuxuu kaa haqabtirayaa habka wareysiga shaqada - sida loo diyaargaroobo, waxa laga filan karo inta lagu gudojiro, iyo wixii aad sameyn laheyd ka dib.
- Job Search Webinar: This 26 minute video is an overview of job search best practices.:
- LinkedIn for Job Seekers workshop - Learn how to Create a LinkedIn Account, Build your Profile to Attract Employers, Search and Apply for Jobs on LinkedIn and How to Build Your LinkedIn Network.
Other Online Resources
- CareerForce Online Tools: Access interest and skills assessments, listings of jobs currently in demand during COVID-19, a resume-builder and more.
- Coursera: Find out about free career-focused, online learning resources for all Minnesotans.
- Coursera Online Informational Session recorded on July 23, 2020. This workshop was held and recorded for customers to learn about 3,800+ FREE Coursera career-focused, online courses and training modules from over 200 top businesses and universities. It walks through the registration process and provides a sample of classes you can take to enhance your job search and career.
- Northstar Digital Literacy: Access free online assessments and lessons on common computer, software, and technology skills, including Word, PowerPoint, email, internet, social media, and more. Strongly recommended: Career Search Skills under Using Technology in Daily Life.
- Online Job Search-Related Learning Modules: View eLearning classes about job search, networking, resumes and interviewing. (These are not accessible with a screen reader.)
- CareerOneStop: Find a broad range of job search resources on this U.S. Department of Labor website.
For Personal Assistance
- English: Email or call your local CareerForce location team. Find contact information for staff at a CareerForce location near you at www.careerforcemn.com/locations. Our staff can help you connect to job search resources, provide assistance with interviewing and resume writing, and help you navigate various government benefits.
- Spanish: Josie Chavez at/al 320-905-2808 or email email@example.com En español: por correó electrónico firstname.lastname@example.org
- Somali: Ilyas Ali at 651-539-4104 or email email@example.com Haddii aad u baahantahay caawinaad Afsoomaali? fadlan la xiriir Ilyas Ali 651-539-4104 ama kala xiriir Emailka firstname.lastname@example.org
- For help with information specific to people with a criminal record, please contact Glory Mitchell at 218-302-8409 or email email@example.com; Dianna Martin at 651-539-4423 or email Dianna.firstname.lastname@example.org ; Guy Brown at 952-703-3121 or email email@example.com
- If you have trouble connecting with your local CareerForce location, call the CareerForce Help Desk at 651-259-7501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.