Help online or on the phone—at no cost to you
We can help you connect with Minnesota employers hiring right now, during the COVID-19 pandemic. We can help you explore your options, showcase your skills with a solid resume and prepare for the interviewing process. Whether you’re looking for work now or thinking ahead, CareerForce offers many job search resources and services you can access from home.
NEW! Upcoming Live CareerForce Online Workshops
Participation requires internet access and the ability to stream video and audio. Registration is required.
- Job Clubs Online: If you are looking for work, you will want to participate in one of these webinar workshops to help you learn how to be successful in your job search in today's economy, get advice, and develop new strategies. Job Club Online meets twice on Tuesdays, here are upcoming topics:
- Interview Skills Workshop: May 27, 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM. Approach your next interview with increased confidence. Learn how to answer challenging interview questions, gain frameworks to structure your response during the interview, and develop tools and techniques to prepare for and follow up after the interview.
- Resume Writing Workshop: May 28, 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Craft a resume that will get you noticed. Learn best practices for creating a resume that meets the specific requirements of a position, find out what type of resume may be best for you and identify common mistakes to avoid.
- New Leaf Online: June 3, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM. Tailored information for people with a criminal record who are looking for work. This webinar workshop will help justice involved individuals with their job search.
NEW! CareerForce Virtual Career Fairs
Participation requires internet access and the ability to stream video and audio. Registration is required. Have your resume ready to email to employers, and chat with them for an hour after the event.
- Virtual Career Fair May 26, 10:30 am - 11:30 am. Register now for this Microsoft Teams Live Event! Meet representatives from Schwan's/Cygnus Delivers, Michael Foods, Carolina Beverage/Cold Spring Brewing, Jack Links, Shearer's Foods and Cub Foods/UNFI, learn about their companies, current job openings and more.
- Veteran's Virtual Career Fair May 28, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM. Register now for this event for Veterans, transitioning service members, their family members,veteran caregivers and current Reserve and National Guard soldiers.
- Tech Industry Virtual Career Fair June 1, 10:30 am - 11:30 am. Register now for this Microsoft Teams Live Event! Meet participating employers including (subject to change): Medtronic, C.H. Robinson, Genesis 10, Target Corporation and more, ask questions, learn about their companies and current job openings, and follow up with individual employers who interest you after the Virtual Career Fair, from 11:30 am - 12:30 pm .
- You can view our previously recorded CareerForce Virtual Career Fairs to hear how companies are recruiting in-demand workers for health care and senior care, broadband/communications, security services, and other businesses, plus learn how CareerForce Virtual Career Fairs work.
CareerForce Recorded Online Workshops and Classes
- Job Clubs Online: Learn about job searching in today's economy, get advice, develop new strategies and more.
- Resume Writing Workshop Online: This 19-minute video covers the tools you need to develop an effective resume.
- Somali: Dib u Bilow Qoraalka Aqoon Isweydaarsiga: Fiidiyowgaan 29-ka daqiiqo ah wuxuu kaa daboolayaa aaladaha aad ubaahantahay inaad sameysato resume hufan.
- Interview Skills Workshop Online: This 30-minute video takes you through the job interview process – how to prepare, what to expect during it, and what to do afterwards.
- Somali: Aqoon Isweydaarsiga Xirfadaha Wareysiga ee Internet-ka: Muuqaalkan 30-ka daqiiqo fiidiyaha ah wuxuu kaa haqabtirayaa habka wareysiga shaqada - sida loo diyaargaroobo, waxa laga filan karo inta lagu gudojiro, iyo wixii aad sameyn laheyd ka dib.
- Job Search Webinar: This 26 minute video is an overview of job search best practices.:
- LinkedIn for Job Seekers workshop - Learn how to Create a LinkedIn Account, Build your Profile to Attract Employers, Search and Apply for Jobs on LinkedIn and How to Build Your LinkedIn Network.
Other Online Resources
- CareerForceMN: Explore this website and its broad range of information and services, including career guidance, job postings, help with job loss, and more.
- Northstar Digital Literacy: Find free online assessments and lessons on common computer, software, and technology skills, including Word, PowerPoint, email, internet, social media, and more. Strongly recommended: Career Search Skills under Using Technology in Daily Life.
- Online Learning Modules: On the Unemployment Insurance website, find eLearning classes about job search, networking, resumes and interviewing. (These are not accessible with a screen reader.)
- CareerOneStop: Find videos and a broad range of job search resources on this U.S. Department of Labor website.
For Personal Assistance
- English: Email or call your local CareerForce location team. Find contact information for staff at a CareerForce location near you at www.careerforcemn.com/locations. Our staff can help you connect to job search resources, provide assistance with interviewing and resume writing, and help you navigate various government benefits.
- Spanish: Josie Chavez at/al 320-905-2808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org En español: por correó electrónico email@example.com
- Spanish: Mark Zappa at/al 651-539-4110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org En español: por correó electrónico email@example.com
- Somali: Ilyas Ali at 651-539-4104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Haddii aad u baahantahay caawinaad Afsoomaali? fadlan la xiriir Ilyas Ali 651-539-4104 ama kala xiriir Emailka email@example.com
- For help with information specific to people with a criminal record, please contact Glory Mitchell at 218-302-8409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; Dianna Martin at 651-539-4423 or email Dianna.email@example.com ; Guy Brown at 952-703-3121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have trouble connecting with your local CareerForce location, call the CareerForce Help Desk at 651-259-7501 or email email@example.com.