Help online or on the phone—at no cost to you
Many employers are hiring right now as Minnesota recovers from the pandemic recession—and they want to connect with people looking for work right away. CareerForce can help you prepare for and find good jobs now.
We can help you explore your options, showcase your skills with a solid resume and prepare for the interviewing process through live online workshops, live Job Club Online, recorded workshops and other offerings. Plus meet employers hiring now through Virtual Career Fairs and other virtual hiring events.
We can help you with individual career exploration and job search assistance over the phone, from reviewing your resume to talking through options for a potential change in careers to personalized assistance finding a job right now.
Find contact information for staff at a CareerForce location near you at CareerForceMN.com/locations.
Whether you’re looking for work now or thinking ahead, CareerForce offers many job search resources and services you can access from home.
Upcoming Live CareerForce Online Workshops
Participation requires internet access and the ability to stream video and audio. These are WebEx events. Registration is required. Please register NOW or at least 30 minutes BEFORE the event, so the coordinator can send you a link to join on time.
- Creative Job Search: If you are looking for work, you will want to participate in one of these webinar workshops to help you learn how to be successful in your job search in today's economy, get advice, and develop new strategies. Here are upcoming topics: Identifying Your Skills, Job Applications and Works Portfolios: October 4, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) Can you list the top 5 skills that you can market to a potential employer? If that list doesn’t come to you easily, don’t worry, this session will help you identify what you have to offer, beyond job titles and employment dates. We will also discuss Applications and what to put in a Portfolio (hint: it’s not just for artists!)
- Career Search for Veterans: (Registration Date Coming Soon) (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) Meet weekly with other military veterans - get support, advice, referrals and more! Must be a Veteran of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Interview Skills Workshop: (Registration Date Coming Soon) : Approach your next interview with increased confidence. Learn how to answer challenging interview questions, gain frameworks to structure your response during the interview, and develop tools and techniques to prepare for and follow up after the interview.
- Resume Writing Workshop: October 5, 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM: Craft a resume that will get you noticed. Learn best practices for creating a resume that meets the specific requirements of a position, find out what type of resume may be best for you, and identify common mistakes to avoid.
- Make MinnesotaWorks.net Work For You!- Online: (Registration Date Coming Soon) Discover everything this website has to offer and get tips for navigating it. Various methods for filtering job postings by location and key words will be demonstrated. Learn how you can improve your profile on Minnesota's best online job bank.
- New Leaf Online: October 19, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM This workshop provides tailored information for job seekers who have a criminal record and are looking for work. It will help justice involved individuals who are having a difficult time obtaining employment due to their criminal record.
- Past Events: You can view our previously recorded CareerForce workshops and classes to learn how to job search, write your resume, network, use Microsoft Office, network on LinkedIn and more. Some of these classes are also recorded in Somali.
CareerForce Career Fairs and Virtual Career Fairs
CareerForce regularly holds career fairs to help connect people who need work with employers hiring now, both in-person and online. Online participation requires internet access and the ability to stream video and audio. Please register at least 30 minutes before the event begins, so the coordinator can send you a link to join.
- View a list of statewide Job Fairs and Hiring Events by date. See details for online registration links and in-person locations.
- Explore Careers Series: Explore Careers focused on a different industry and the positions found within it. Employers from around the state provided a range of perspectives on what it takes to work in these industries, and what they look for in a resume. You can view our previously recorded CareerForce Virtual Career Fairs and Explore Careers to hear how companies are recruit in-demand workers for health care and senior care, broadband/communications, security services, and other businesses.
Other Online Resources
- CareerForce Online Tools Access interest and skills assessments, listings of jobs currently in demand, a resume-builder and more.
- Northstar Digital Literacy Access free online assessments and lessons on common computer, software, and technology skills, including Word, PowerPoint, email, internet, social media, and more. Strongly recommended: Career Search Skills under Using Technology in Daily Life.
- Online Job Search-Related Learning Modules View eLearning classes about job search, networking, resumes and interviewing. (These are not accessible with a screen reader.)
- CareerOneStop Find a broad range of job search resources on this U.S. Department of Labor website.
- Employers List Research employers near you on this list of Minnesota businesses who have created profiles. Search by keyword and location to find employers to contact about open positions.
For Personal Assistance
- English: Email or call your local CareerForce location team. Find contact information for staff at a CareerForce location near you at www.careerforcemn.com/locations. Our staff can help you connect to job search resources, provide assistance with interviewing and resume writing, and help you navigate various government benefits.
- Spanish: Josie Chavez at/al 320-905-2808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org En español: por correó electrónico email@example.com
- Somali: 651-259-7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For help with information specific to people with a criminal record, please contact Glory Mitchell at 218-302-8409 or email email@example.com; Dianna Martin at 651-539-4423 or email Dianna.firstname.lastname@example.org; Guy Brown at 952-703-3121 or email email@example.com
- If you have trouble connecting with your local CareerForce location, call the CareerForce Help Desk at 651-259-7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.