Help online or on the phone—at no cost to you
We can help you connect with Minnesota employers hiring right now, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We can help you explore your options, showcase your skills with a solid resume and prepare for the interviewing process through live online workshops, live Job Club Online, recorded workshops and other offerings. Plus meet employers hiring now through Virtual Career Fairs and other virtual hiring events.
We can help you with individual career exploration and job search assistance over the phone, from reviewing your resume to talking through options for a potential change in careers to personalized assistance finding a job right now.
Find contact information for staff at a CareerForce location near you at CareerForceMN.com/locations.
Whether you’re looking for work now or thinking ahead, CareerForce offers many job search resources and services you can access from home.
Upcoming Live CareerForce Online Workshops
Participation requires internet access and the ability to stream video and audio. These are WebEx events. Registration is required. Please register NOW or at least 30 minutes BEFORE the event, so the coordinator can send you a link to join on time.
- Creative Job Search: If you are looking for work, you will want to participate in one of these webinar workshops to help you learn how to be successful in your job search in today's economy, get advice, and develop new strategies. Here are upcoming topics:
- March 2, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) Creative Job Search: Tools of the Job Hunting Trade (Resumes). Is your resume getting you interviews? Are you targeting your resume to the job posting before you click submit? If not, this session will help you to understand why targeting your resume is so important and how to do it. We will discuss formatting, Applicant Tracking Software, accomplishment statements, and touch on cover letters too. This is part of a 6-session series that covers the essentials of the Creative Job Search (CJS) workshop.
- March 9, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) The Job Interview – You've come to the moment in your job search when your hard work has paid off. You've received an interview. Take a moment to celebrate. Then start preparing. Here we cover all the things you'll want to do to make the best possible impression during your interview. This is part of a 6-session series that covers the essentials of the Creative Job Search (CJS) workshop.
- Interview Skills Online Workshop: March 3, 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM. (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) Approach your next interview with increased confidence. Learn how to answer challenging interview questions, gain frameworks to structure your response during the interview, and develop tools and techniques to prepare for and follow up after the interview.
- Resume Writing Workshop: March 10, 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM. (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) Craft a resume that will get you noticed. Learn best practices for creating a resume that meets the specific requirements of a position, find out what type of resume may be best for you and identify common mistakes to avoid.
- New Leaf Online: March 10, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM. (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.)This workshop provides tailored information for job seekers who have a criminal record and are looking for work. It will help justice involved individuals who are having a difficult time obtaining employment due to their criminal record.
- Past Events: You can view our previously recorded CareerForce workshops and classes to learn how to job search, write your resume, network, use Microsoft Office, network on LinkedIn and more. Some of these classes are also recorded in Somali.
CareerForce Explore Careers and Virtual Career Fairs
CareerForce regularly holds Virtual Career Fairs to help connect people who need work with employers hiring now. Participation requires internet access and the ability to stream video and audio. Registration is required. Please register NOW or at least 30 minutes before the event begins, so the coordinator can send you a link to join.
- Explore Careers Series: Each Tuesday from 2:30 – 3:30 pm, Explore Careers focuses on a different industry and the positions found within it. We will discuss labor market data on growth trends, skills and transferable skills, educational opportunities, apprenticeships, and career pathways within the industries. You will get networking tips and job search keywords to help you find job postings. Employers from around the state will provide a range of perspectives on what it takes to work in these industries, and what they look for in a resume. Register now for each session. You will receive information on how to connect to these events before they begin.
- March 2 - Utilities Infrastructure: Guests will include Braun Intertec, USI-Universal Services, and Minnesota Utilities Contractors Association. Register at this link.
- March 9 - Women in Construction week: Guests will include 218 Trades, Marvin, Ryan Companies, and Veit. Register at this link.
- March 16 - Financial and Retirement Services. Register at this link.
- Local CareerForce locations regularly hold Virtual Career Fairs with employers in your area. Follow the link, enter your zip code in "from", miles in "less than" and the Events in that area will display. You can also view a List of Events by date here.
- You can view our previously recorded CareerForce Virtual Career Fairs and Explore Careers to hear how companies are recruiting in-demand workers for health care and senior care, broadband/communications, security services, and other businesses, plus learn how CareerForce Virtual Career Fairs work.
Other Online Resources
- CareerForce Online Tools Access interest and skills assessments, listings of jobs currently in demand during COVID-19, a resume-builder and more.
- Coursera Find out about free career-focused, online learning resources for all Minnesotans.
- Coursera Online Informational Session recorded on July 23, 2020 This workshop was held and recorded for customers to learn about 3,800+ FREE Coursera career-focused, online courses and training modules from over 200 top businesses and universities. It walks through the registration process and provides a sample of classes you can take to enhance your job search and career.
- Northstar Digital Literacy Access free online assessments and lessons on common computer, software, and technology skills, including Word, PowerPoint, email, internet, social media, and more. Strongly recommended: Career Search Skills under Using Technology in Daily Life.
- Online Job Search-Related Learning Modules View eLearning classes about job search, networking, resumes and interviewing. (These are not accessible with a screen reader.)
- CareerOneStop Find a broad range of job search resources on this U.S. Department of Labor website.
For Personal Assistance
- English: Email or call your local CareerForce location team. Find contact information for staff at a CareerForce location near you at www.careerforcemn.com/locations. Our staff can help you connect to job search resources, provide assistance with interviewing and resume writing, and help you navigate various government benefits.
- Spanish: Josie Chavez at/al 320-905-2808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org En español: por correó electrónico email@example.com
- Somali: Ilyas Ali at 651-539-4104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Haddii aad u baahantahay caawinaad Afsoomaali? fadlan la xiriir Ilyas Ali 651-539-4104 ama kala xiriir Emailka email@example.com
- For help with information specific to people with a criminal record, please contact Glory Mitchell at 218-302-8409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; Dianna Martin at 651-539-4423 or email Dianna.email@example.com ; Guy Brown at 952-703-3121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have trouble connecting with your local CareerForce location, call the CareerForce Help Desk at 651-259-7501 or email email@example.com.