The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development offers help for employers seeking to hire migrant and seasonal farm workers through its Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker program. Migrant Labor Representatives provide services to employers across the state.
Contact a Migrant Labor Representative or a CareerForce location near you to receive information about:
- Interstate and intrastate clearance orders
- Federal and state farm labor compliance regulations
- Mediation and interpreter services
- Liaison between migrant service providers and employers
- Creating a skills-based job order and posts on the state’s no-fee online job bank
Migrant Labor Representatives
Migrant labor representatives have knowledge of the available agricultural workforce in the area because of their outreach to migrant and seasonal farmworkers. They screen workers for job skills and experience, and determine whether farmworkers are interested in permanent or temporary employment.
Contact the migrant labor representative near you for assistance:
- Faribault - Martha Castaneda - 507-330-4224
- Mankato - Janie Sandoval - 507-508-0230
- Rochester - Silvia Owens - 507-884-0098
- Willmar - Josefina Chavez - 320-905-2808
Or contact a CareerForce location near you to find out more about the Agricultural Recruitment System (ARS) and hiring farmworkers. CareerForce staff will be able to assist you.
State Monitor Advocate
The state monitor advocate tracks equity indicators and minimum service level indicators, conducts site visits, on-site reviews, and field checks on working and living areas of migrant and seasonal farmworkers (MSFWs); and reviews quarterly data reports, outreach logs, annual summaries, and Agricultural Outreach Plans.
- Lidibette Guzman, State Monitor Advocate - firstname.lastname@example.org