National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) is held each October to commemorate the many and varied contributions of people with disabilities to America’s workplaces and economy. The theme for NDEAM 20201 is America’s Recovery: Powered by Inclusion. This theme reflects the importance of ensuring that people with disabilities have full access to employment and community involvement during the national recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
In Minnesota, the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development and its partners are marking the month in multiple ways, including virtual events, new disability inclusion resources for employers and more.
- Governor Walz Celebrates National Disability Awareness Month
- Commissioner Grove Celebrates Disability Employment Awareness Month
White Cane Day - October 15
Resources for employers
- Disability Inclusion: Bite Sized Learning Modules for Employers
- U.S. Department of Labor NDEAM resources
- Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE) NDEAM resources
- Blog posts