Job Summary: Develop skills for green industry careers with other young adults (18-28) in a safe and professional manner through on-the-job training by completing community-based projects and curriculum. Led by a Branches Crew Leader, crew members will complete projects for tree care or landscaping and grounds keeping.
- Assist the Crew Leader in tree care or landscaping and grounds keeping including tree planting, pruning, mulching, watering, conducting tree inventories, invasive species and diseased tree removal, mowing, and property maintenance.
- Cooperate with fellow crew members and supervisors to accomplish work project goals with a commitment to quality.
- Follow worksite safety guidelines and training for operating power tools, identifying hazards, and use of personal protective equipment.
- Master basic tree care or landscaping and grounds keeping competencies including proper tool identification and use, terminology and vocabulary, methods of tree care and grounds keeping, and material identification and use.
- Learn industry-recognized curriculum to achieve credentials.