Losing a job can leave you with many different emotions. You may feel as if you’ve not only lost your job, but also your self-esteem, your work community and possibly even your identity. It’s important to take the necessary time to work through your emotions so you can start looking forward with hope. Here are some great ways to do that:
- Journal your feelings—you may be surprised at what you learn
- Talk with a spouse, partner or friend who is a good listener
- Accept reality, because no matter how hard it is—you need to process what happened in the past to look to your future
- Examine what you’ve learned about yourself during this time of transition and define how it’s reshaped your priorities
- Be inspired by others who have bounced back after a job loss
- Above all, take good care of yourself
- Talk with someone who can help you navigate what's next. Find contact info for a CareerForce location near you.