Adult Basic Education Programs
If you need help with basic skills, GED, English Language Learning (ELL), or getting ready for college or a job, the Adult Academic Program is here with the tools you need to accomplish your goals.
Day and evening classes available. Start anytime! Plus, we have openings in our Family Literacy Program for kids 33+ months. Call for more information: 763-504-8300.
Our team of more than 35 teachers and support staff is committed to providing a flexible, caring, and friendly environment for learning. Classes are available to suit any schedule: day, evening, and online.
English Language Learners
- Four levels of practical English classes to suit different skill levels
- Citizenship test preparation
GED Preparation and Testing
- Areas of focus: Math, Language Arts, Social Studies and Science
- GED Testing Center on site
High School Diploma
- Adults, ages 21 and over, and youth, ages 16-20, can earn a few missing credits to get their diploma
Academic Program for Adults with Disabilities
- For adults who have had a traumatic brain injury or stroke and want to regain reading, writing, speaking and math skills
Family Literacy Program
Students in the Adult Academic and Family Literacy Programs, with children aged 3 months to school age, receive:
- Early Childhood Education
- Parent Education
- Parent-Child Interaction for children from 2 years to school age and their parents
9000 Brooklyn Boulevard, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445 (Hennepin Technical College - Brooklyn Park)
13100 College View Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55347 (Hennepin Technical College - Eden Prairie)
7225 Northland Drive North, Brooklyn Park, MN 55428 (Hennepin County CareerForce - Brooklyn Park)
Programs and Services
Education leads to opportunity
Some basic skills are required to find or keep a job.
We’ll work with you to define what you need and provide you with services that meet your individual goals, services including: