Help online or on the phone—at no cost to you
We can help you connect with Minnesota employers hiring right now, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We can help you explore your options, showcase your skills with a solid resume and prepare for the interviewing process through live online workshops, live Job Club Online, recorded workshops and other offerings. Plus meet employers hiring now through Virtual Career Fairs and other virtual hiring events.
We can help you with individual career exploration and job search assistance over the phone, from reviewing your resume to talking through options for a potential change in careers to personalized assistance finding a job right now.
Find contact information for staff at a CareerForce location near you at CareerForceMN.com/locations.
Whether you’re looking for work now or thinking ahead, CareerForce offers many job search resources and services you can access from home.
Upcoming Live CareerForce Online Workshops
Participation requires internet access and the ability to stream video and audio. These are WebEx events. Registration is required. Please register NOW or at least 30 minutes BEFORE the event, so the coordinator can send you a link to join on time.
- Creative Job Search: If you are looking for work, you will want to participate in one of these webinar workshops to help you learn how to be successful in your job search in today's economy, get advice, and develop new strategies. Here are upcoming topics:
- January 26, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) Creative Job Search: The Job Interview. You've come to the moment in your job search when your hard work has paid off. You've received an interview. Take a moment to celebrate. Then start preparing. Here we cover all the things you'll want to do to make the best possible impression during your interview. This is part of a 6-session series that covers the essentials of the Creative Job Search (CJS) workshop.
- February 2, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) Creative Job Search: Internet and Social Media (LinkedIn) – Do you know how to effectively use the Internet and Social Media to assist in your job search? What does networking look like online? This workshop will provide answers to those questions and provide helpful tips on how to leverage a LinkedIn account to enhance your career This is part of a 6-session series that covers the essentials of the Creative Job Search (CJS) workshop.
- Resume Writing Workshop: January 27, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM. (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) Craft a resume that will get you noticed. Learn best practices for creating a resume that meets the specific requirements of a position, find out what type of resume may be best for you and identify common mistakes to avoid.
- Building a Resume in MS Word 2 – Online: January 28, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM: (Please register now so you receive the link to join on time.) This is the second of three workshops dealing with how to effectively format a resume in MS Word. Some of the topics covered will be Custom Bullets, Default and Custom Tabs and working with the Table format.
- New Leaf Online: February 10, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM: This workshop provides tailored information for job seekers who have a criminal record and are looking for work. It will help justice involved individuals who are having a difficult time obtaining employment due to their criminal record.
- Past Events: You can view our previously recorded CareerForce workshops and classes to learn how to job search, write your resume, network, use Microsoft Office, network on LinkedIn and more. Some of these classes are also recorded in Somali.
CareerForce Explore Careers and Virtual Career Fairs
CareerForce regularly holds Virtual Career Fairs to help connect people who need work with employers hiring now. Participation requires internet access and the ability to stream video and audio. Registration is required. Please register NOW or at least 30 minutes before the event begins, so the coordinator can send you a link to join.
- Explore Careers Series: Each Tuesday in January from 2:30 – 3:30 pm, Explore Careers in Health Care will discuss topics such as transferable skills, educational opportunities, apprenticeships, and career pathways within the industry. Employers from around the state will attend providing a range of perspectives. Register now for one session – or all four. You will receive information on how to connect to these events before they begin.
- January 5 - Transferable skills: Find out how and why skills you already have can be used in a career in health care. Hear an overview of different types of health care careers and highlights of the safety precautions employers–Crest View Senior Communities, Ecumen, LeadingAge of MN and CareerForce–are taking. View a recording of this event.
- January 12 - Education and Training Opportunities: Understand the broad range of education and training opportunities for all career changers, including online, onsite, youth and young adult, as well as regional programs. Meet representatives from Cassia, Mayo Clinic, Minnesota State HealthForce and Presbyterian Homes of Minnesota. View a recording of this event.
- January 19 - Apprenticeships and Pipeline Program: Find out about earn-while-you-learn programs and why they might be a good fit for you. Meet representatives from Minnesota's Dual Training Pipeline Program, Sauer Health Care, and Touchstone Mental Health. View a recording of this event.
- January 26 - Career Pathways: Getting from point A to point B in your career is easier if you can see the path for getting there. This session focuses on what those pathways are in the health care field. Meet representatives from Care Providers of Minnesota, Jones-Harrison, Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs - Veterans Homes, Tealwood Senior Living, and Rural Minnesota CEP.
- Local CareerForce locations regularly hold Virtual Career Fairs with employers in your area. Follow the link to register now!
- You can view our previously recorded CareerForce Virtual Career Fairs to hear how companies are recruiting in-demand workers for health care and senior care, broadband/communications, security services, and other businesses, plus learn how CareerForce Virtual Career Fairs work.
Other Online Resources
- CareerForce Online Tools Access interest and skills assessments, listings of jobs currently in demand during COVID-19, a resume-builder and more.
- Coursera Find out about free career-focused, online learning resources for all Minnesotans.
- Coursera Online Informational Session recorded on July 23, 2020 This workshop was held and recorded for customers to learn about 3,800+ FREE Coursera career-focused, online courses and training modules from over 200 top businesses and universities. It walks through the registration process and provides a sample of classes you can take to enhance your job search and career.
- Northstar Digital Literacy Access free online assessments and lessons on common computer, software, and technology skills, including Word, PowerPoint, email, internet, social media, and more. Strongly recommended: Career Search Skills under Using Technology in Daily Life.
- Online Job Search-Related Learning Modules View eLearning classes about job search, networking, resumes and interviewing. (These are not accessible with a screen reader.)
- CareerOneStop Find a broad range of job search resources on this U.S. Department of Labor website.
For Personal Assistance
- English: Email or call your local CareerForce location team. Find contact information for staff at a CareerForce location near you at www.careerforcemn.com/locations. Our staff can help you connect to job search resources, provide assistance with interviewing and resume writing, and help you navigate various government benefits.
- Spanish: Josie Chavez at/al 320-905-2808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org En español: por correó electrónico email@example.com
- Somali: Ilyas Ali at 651-539-4104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Haddii aad u baahantahay caawinaad Afsoomaali? fadlan la xiriir Ilyas Ali 651-539-4104 ama kala xiriir Emailka email@example.com
- For help with information specific to people with a criminal record, please contact Glory Mitchell at 218-302-8409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; Dianna Martin at 651-539-4423 or email Dianna.email@example.com ; Guy Brown at 952-703-3121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have trouble connecting with your local CareerForce location, call the CareerForce Help Desk at 651-259-7501 or email email@example.com.