AchieveMpls is one of our region's leading career and college readiness providers, annually serving over 15,000 Minneapolis and Saint Paul youth through long-term school-based advising and paid internships with more than 200 partner employers. Through this work, we seek to bring about our vision that all young people have full access to education and career opportunities, resulting in a more equitable and vibrant community.
Career & College Centers in Minneapolis and Saint Paul High Schools
AchieveMpls Career & College Centers are embedded in 15 Minneapolis and Saint Paul public high schools and are open to every student. We provide one-on-one guidance, career and college fairs, campus and worksite tours, college and financial aid application assistance, FAFSA / Dream Act support, ACT prep, resume and job interview coaching, and connections to internships, training programs and employers. Students who use our CCCs enroll in college and other postsecondary education at a 51% higher rate than those who do not. Learn more about our Career & College Center locations and services.
Step Up Youth Employment Program for Minneapolis Youth
Each year, Step Up connects over 1,400 Minneapolis youth (ages 14-21) with work readiness training and paid internships that build careers and lead to a more diverse, skilled and equitable workforce. Our 200 Step Up employer partners span 15 industries and multiple sectors. Interns earn over $3 million in wages each year and receive academic credit for their work readiness training and internship experience. 91% of Step Up supervisors say their intern made a valuable contribution to their workplace, and 93% of interns report that their internship was a valuable learning experience. Step Up is a partnership of the City of Minneapolis, AchieveMpls, CareerForce Minneapolis and Project for Pride in Living. Learn how you can become a Step Up intern or employer.
Community Engagement Opportunities
Young people can reach their greatest potential when they have strong schools and a generous community to support them. Here are some great opportunities to inspire, support and equip students for careers, college and life.
- AchieveMpls career speakers introduce students to new careers by sharing their professional journeys and advice.
- Mock interview and resume workshop volunteers coach students on strengthening these key career skills.
- Explore these opportunities or sign up for our volunteer list.
- Introduce students to your company or industry:
- Company representatives are invited to share career and training opportunities with students in small groups and one-on-one through school-based career networking events and on-site worksite tours.
- Find out how you can share opportunities with students.
- Hire a Step Up Intern:
- Step Up helps companies identify and nurture young talent, introduce a diverse new generation to their industry and make a difference in their communities.
- Here are details on how you can hire a Step Up intern.
- Attend a public engagement event:
- AchieveMpls EDTalks, Principal Partner Day, Achieve 101, Evening of Excellence and other events spark conversations on a wide range of issues impacting our students, our schools and public education, and connect our community with opportunities to support and advocate for young people.
- Check out our EDTalks videos and podcasts and events calendar.
Join us! Learn more at AchieveMpls.org or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-455-1530.