Avivo's IT Support Training Program is a technical skills training that includes computer repair, troubleshooting, and utilizing Microsoft Office 2019 Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google applications.
Individuals will learn about Windows operating and software systems, hardware systems, tech support for social media, portable computing devices, and web-based video conferencing. The training includes customer service, communications, team building skills, and job seeking skills for Help Desk and Network Technician positions. Graduates will have the opportunity to take the industry-recognized CompTIA A+ 1001 and the CompTIA A+ 1002 examinations.
- Household income must be 200% of the Federal Poverty Level or lower (please contact us with questions)
- Must provide a valid government-issued photo ID and social security card (without restrictions)
- No minimum math/reading level required, but an assessment will be given at enrollment
- Participants should be committed to looking for full-time employment following the completion of their training program
- Two pre-requisite courses are required:
- Workplace Success Strategies (12:30-3:30 PM, M-Fri) (4 weeks)
- Business & Computer Applications (12:30-3:30 PM, M-Fri) (5 weeks)
Participants who successfully complete the IT Support Training Program will receive a Certificate of Completion for all three separate courses (including pre-requisites) as well as a Certificate of Completion for the IT Support Training Program. Participants will also have the opportunity to receive the Benchmark Portal Certification in Customer Service. Graduates are eligible to take the industry-recognized CompTIA A+ exams and to look for entry level work in the IT field (i.e., Help Desk Technician, Network Technician, etc.).
Learn more about occupations related to this training
Provided the participant meets the income eligibility requirements and is able to provide acceptable ID documentation and social security card (without restrictions), there will be no cost to the participant for training or career counseling.
Who to Contact for More Information
IT Support Training Program
Similar Training Programs
Office Support Specialist Training Program
The Office Support Specialist Training Program includes the following: technical and skills training in Microsoft Office 2019, customer service, effective communication, job seeking skills, building business relationships, creating cover letters and re