Help online or on the phone—at no cost to you
CareerForce is working to help connect Minnesota employers with the workers they need during the COVID-19 crisis.
CareerForce staff throughout the state are reaching out to Minnesotans who want to find work during the pandemic. We can help connect you with people with the right skills for the positions you are hiring for now.
Find contact information for staff at a CareerForce location near you at CareerForceMN.com/locations.
How we help employers
- Connection to people looking for work through virtual hiring events – from local CareerForce Employer of the Day events focused on workers in a particular part of Minnesota – to statewide CareerForce Virtual Career Fairs drawing hundreds of job seekers from throughout Minnesota.
- Guidance for posting your positions and finding prospective employees on Minnesota’s job bank – MinnesotaWorks.net – with no fee to you.
- Referrals for workforce strategy development and connections to local, regional and state resources.
For personalized assistance
- Get contact information for staff at a CareerForce location near you for assistance finding the workers you need, help is available over the phone or online.
- If you have trouble connecting with staff at a CareerForce location near you, call the CareerForce Help Desk at 651-259-7500 or email email@example.com.
- Regional experts: Our regional experts can connect with you one-on-one via phone or video call or by email. Our team can consult with you about your needs.
- Post a Job Guide: Find out how to have your open positions show up on CareerForceMN.com – available 24/7 by smart phone, tablet and computer to people looking for work. Plus, learn how you can search Minnesota’s largest online resume database to find people with the skills you need to fill open positions.
- Statewide Career Fair Calendar: Promote your upcoming hiring event, on-site interview events, or career fair on this public, statewide event calendar.
- Unemployment Insurance Information for Employers: Find out what Minnesota employers need to know about Unemployment Insurance changes during COVID-19, using the self service system, plus shared work opportunities and other alternatives to layoffs.
- Workforce Wednesday: A series of virtual meetings highlighting proven strategies to build talent pipelines, hearing and sharing best practices, and networking with other Minnesota employers about all things workforce. Held the first Wednesday of the month from 11am to 12pm.
- Telework and Accessibility from the Partnership on Employment & Accessible Technology (PETA), is here to help to ensure employers digital workplace communications and platforms are accessible for everyone, including people with disabilities.
- Career One-Stop Business Center: Find videos and a broad range of business resources for help hiring, training and retaining a strong workforce on this U.S. Department of Labor website.
- Minnesota COVID-19 Guidance for Employers: Access safe workplace information for businesses, provide feedback on safe reopening and find out about financial assistance available to small businesses.
- Workforce Optimization Cycle Resources on CareerForceMN: provides a strategic framework to help business reopening and ramping up during recovery evaluate and plan for their current and future workforce needs.
- MinnesotaWorks.net tutorials: This 3-minute video shows how to update your employer account information or change your password on MinnesotaWorks.net. There are other video tutorials in this series about how to get started, post a job, and search and review resumes.
- Hiring Minnesota’s Veterans tutorial: This 5-minute video walks employers through the process of hiring a Minnesota military veteran using MinnesotaWorks.net.
- Unemployment Insurance tutorials: See step-by-step videos showing for how to register for an employer account, how to use your account on Minnesota’s Unemployment Insurance Employer Self-Service System and more.